Azurite with Malachite (classic material from Mexico)
- Aranzazú Mine (El Cobre Mine), Concepción del Oro, Zacatecas, Mexico
- Cabinet, 13.2 x 11.3 x 6.8 cm
- Start Time: 01/20/2022 9:00:00 pm (CST)
- End Time: 01/27/2022 6:45:00 pm (CST)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
A beautiful old time association specimen from what we've referred to as the famous El Cobre Mine (it's actually the Aranzazú Mine) in this prestigious copper producing region in Mexico. This cabinet display specimen features lustrous, sharp, bladed, sparkling, beautiful rich blue crystals of Azurite are associated with minor green Malachite on oxidized matrix. The largest Azurite crystal measures 6 mm long. I found one tiny spot with some "sprays" of what could be Aurichalcite, but I can't say for certain. If you collect Azurite, or just attractive from Mexico, this is a great one for you. This piece could date as far back as the 1960s, but it's hard to know specifically when certain pieces were found. Valued between $700-$900 retail.