- Cerro Warihuyn (Huarihuyn), Miraflores, Huamalíes Province, Huánuco, Peru
- Miniature, 4.8 x 2.7 x 1.0 cm
- Start Time: 01/20/2022 9:00:00 pm (CST)
- End Time: 01/27/2022 6:50:00 pm (CST)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
A beautiful and highly aesthetic display piece of these now classic Barites from Peru. This piece was mined in 2004. It features a group of sharp, lustrous, gemmy, tabular bladed Barite crystals of a beautiful silvery color. At first glance, you might think the edges have some "chipping", but I looked with a loupe as it's actually crystallized with little stepped faces, so it's actually in very good shape. I love the balance and three-dimensional appeal of the specimen as it displays wonderfully as you can see from the photos. These pieces are now hard to find on the market, and certainly worth picking up if you collect Barites, Peruvian minerals or general display pieces.