Baryte (classic locale)
- Pohla-Tellerhauser Mine, Schwarzenberg, Saxony, Germany
- Small Cabinet, 7.8 x 3.4 x 3.2 cm
- Start Time: 09/11/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 09/17/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Riveting, classic golden-yellow color on this impressive sharply terminated barite crystal from this famous extinct Ag-U polymetallic mine, closed in 1991. The striking very glassy, gemmy/translucent 360-degree prism is highlighted by the super sharp chisel termination, fine form and the beautiful color-zoning. The side car crystal cluster adds character. Back lighting highlights the fantastic color-zoning. Complete all-around and nearly pristine, with only gentle rubbing along one termination face edge. The Pohla Mine has produced some of Europe's finest golden barite specimens, along with outstanding silver, native bismuth and native arsenic specimens. Valued at $1000.