Color-zoned Fluorite & Quartz (Paul Zerfass Coll.)
- Colunga mining district, Caravia mining area, Asturias, Spain
- Cabinet, 10.2 x 6.3 x 5.6 cm
- Start Time: 09/11/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 09/17/2020 6:35:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Gemmy and lustrous, beautiful rich grape purple to violet color-zoned fluorite cubes, to 1.2 cm, are aesthetically strewn on the sculptural large matrix covered with contrasting quartz points, a typical accessory. Purple or blue is a common color for Colunga District mines, but these cubes have an exceptionally rich purple hue. Choice, excellent and uncommon color fluorite combination material from the area, possibly from the Emilio Mine. Ex Paul Zerfass Collection # 1093.