Cuprite (circa 1800s) 19th C. Zurich Coll.
- Wheal Phoenix, Linkinhorne, Cornwall, England
- Miniature, 3.8 x 2.2 x 2.1 cm
- Start Time: 07/17/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 07/22/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Old-time, classic, rich and rare cuprite from the historic Wheal Phoenix of Cornwall. Sparkly, metallic, charcoal-gray to wine-red octahedrons, to about 3 mm, comprise this solid sculptural mounded miniature of cuprite crystals and crystal sections. The crystals have rich blood-red color, when back lit. This fine and rich piece probably dates from 1844-1875, when the mine name changed. From a 19th century Zurich collection. Better in person