Elpidite (classic locale) Dick Hauck Coll.
- Poudrette quarry, Mont Saint-Hilaire, Quebec, Canada
- Cabinet, 12.2 x 8.2 x 5.5 cm
- Start Time: 07/17/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 07/22/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Fantastic dense large jackstraw nest of pearlescent, greenish-gray, acicular to bladed elpidite crystals from the famed Poudrette Quarry. The crystals reach 4.0 cm on this impressive piece. Elpidite is a rare hydrated Na-Zr-silicate. The quarry is among the world's greatest mineral localities with over 433 valid minerals (MINDAT). Mont Saint-Hilaire is an exotic alkaline intrusive complex. See the extensive 1990 Mineralogical Record article in Vol. 21, No. 4. Poudrette elpidites are among the finest in the world and this is a very rich and showy large example. Ex Dick Hauck Collection. Rarely for sale in this size and quality