Kleinite (ultra rare) on Hyalite Opal ex Mushlitz Coll.
- McDermitt Mine, Opalite Dist., Humboldt Co., Nevada
- Miniature, 4.4 x 4.0 x 2.5 cm
- Start Time: 09/11/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 09/17/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Tiny isolated single crystals and clusters of sharp yellow hexagonal kleinite are richly scattered on three sides of the blocky miniature matrix. Kleinite is an ultra rare mecury halide, known from only 3 localities, worldwide! The crystals rest on a contrasting white/gray crust, which includes VERY RARE hyalite opal, which has neon-green SW UV fluorescence. MINDAT lists hyalite opal for the locale, but there are no examples in the Photo Gallery. A RARE combination of this RARE mercury halide. Ex R.D. Mushlitz Collection.