- Andakatany Deposit, Manandriana, Amoron'i Mania, Madagascar
- Thumbnail, 2.8 x 2.2 x 2.1 cm
- Start Time: 11/18/2021 6:45:00 pm (CST)
- End Time: 11/27/2021 6:35:00 pm (CST)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Famous for its large Bastnasite-(Ce) crystals, the Andakatany Deposit area has also produced these sharp, octahedral Magnetite crystals. The Magnetite has excellent form, good luster, and a uniform iron oxide tint that adds quite a bit of visual character to this thumbnail. It is in very good condition for having been mined out of the fine-grained granitic dikes (gotta love those hard rocks) at the mine. From the collection of East Coast collector, George Elling, specializing in historic minerals of the East Coast and minerals from the development of old European mineralogy.