Malachite on Cerussite (RARE old Germany)
- Kahlenberg district, Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Lower Saxony, Germany
- Small Cabinet, 5.7 x 4.5 x 3.3 cm
- Start Time: 04/02/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 04/08/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Mineral specimens are VERY RARE from this old extinct iron-lead-zinc mining district. MINDAT lists 30 species for the Kahlenberg district, but there are NO examples in the locality Photo Gallery! Sparkly microcrystalline malachite richly coats the frontal face of sculptural jackstraw bundles of elongated glassy, adamantine cerussite crystals. This showy, RARE old combination is solid intergrown cerussite crystals. Possibly from the Prophet Samuel Mine. Hefty lead ore for the size at 141 grams mass.