Orthoclase Feldspar (historic set)
- Haddam, Middlesex Co., Connecticut, USA
- Miniature, 4.9 x 1.9 x 1.3 cm
- Start Time: 11/18/2021 6:45:00 pm (CST)
- End Time: 11/27/2021 6:30:00 pm (CST)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Long before the California pegmatites had been discovered, the pegmatites of central Connecticut produced many great mineral specimens, including the best US Beryls and Tourmalines. The Feldspars have always been considered the poor relations from there, but these three Orthoclase crystals are exceptional for the area. They are sharp and terminated, and while not glamorous, you would be hard pressed to find their equal from these historic pegmatites. From the collection of East Coast collector, George Elling, specializing in historic minerals of the East Coast and minerals from the development of old European mineralogy.