Polished polychrome Tourmaline slice (Bill Larson Coll.)
- Malkhan pegmatite field, Krasnyi Chikoy, Zabaykalsky Krai, Russia
- Small Cabinet, 5.3 x 4.7 x 0.2 cm
- Start Time: 04/02/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 04/08/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
A striking gem interior on this gorgeous, glassy, zoned, polished polychrome tourmaline slice from Malkhan, from old finds. The fascinating, colorful trigonal slice has a beautiful gem two-toned yellow core. The large core is a rich golden-yellow surrounded by light yellow. The yellow interior is entirely water-clear, with only a few interior veils. Classic translucent vivid cranberry-red and light pink zones follow. The outer lustrous, striated rind is a darker golden-yellow. This is an uncommon and beautiful polychrome tourmaline varietal from the now famous pegmatites at Malkhan. Mass is 10 grams. See the fine 2019 Mineralogical Record article in Vol. 50, No. 3. Ex Bill Larson Collection - old material obtained from a museum trade.