Pyrite octahedrons (classic locale) Chet Lemanski Coll.
- Huanzala Mine, Huallanca, Bolognesi Prov., Ancash, Peru
- Cabinet, 10.8 x 10.4 x 9.9 cm
- Start Time: 04/02/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 04/08/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
The Huanzala Mine is certainly one of the premier and most prolific pyrite localities in the world. This classic, dramatic large 360-degree piece is an outstanding example. A fantastic 9.5 x 9.0 cm crystal dramatically dominates this impressive and sculptural mounded intergrown cluster of mirror-bright, brassy, unusually modified, striated pyrite octahedrons. The superlative large octo is complete all-around and essentially pristine. Ex Chet Lemanski Collection and acquired in 1995. A choice large pyrite with unusual octahedral form from the locale.