Rhodonite and Galena
- Broken Hill, Broken Hill district, Yancowinna Co., New South Wales, Australia
- Thumbnail, 2.2 x 1.2 x 0.4 cm
- Start Time: 11/18/2021 6:45:00 pm (CST)
- End Time: 11/27/2021 6:35:00 pm (CST)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
A CLASSIC, old-time and UNCOMMON combination piece from the famous Broken Hill Mine of Australia. The GEMMY, nearly doubly-terminated, Rhodonite crystal has great fire when illuminated, and it rests on a small amount of crystalline Galena matrix. Quite possibly dating back to the 40's when this quality was found (or earlier), quality Rhodonites, especially in combination like this, are quite rare and highly sough-after. This is a stunning, gemmy, vividly colored thumbnail specimen. Valued $1500-2000 From the collection of East Coast collector, George Elling, specializing in historic minerals of the East Coast and minerals from the development of old European mineralogy.