sharp Willemite on Calcite (Chet Lemanski Coll.)
- Sterling Mine, Sterling Hill, Franklin Mining Dist., Sussex Co., New Jersey
- Miniature, 3.5 x 2.8 x 2.6 cm
- Start Time: 09/11/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 09/17/2020 6:35:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
An outstanding and classic miniature-sized willemite on calcite combination from the famous Sterling Mine. A 2.5 cm, textbook hexagonal barrel-shaped gray prism with moderate lustre and typical rounded terminations (Franklin area) is aesthetically set in the contrasting massive calcite matrix. The back side has embedded sections of small franklinite crystals, a typical accessory. The willemite is complete all-around. The front and more prominent end are pristine. A bit of edge bruising on the back is out-of-sight. Shocking and classic neon-green and red fluorescence. Ex Chester Lemanski Collection. We just acquired his large collection. Read about Chester at his mindat.org Home Page: https://www.mindat.org/user-461.html. A very fine willemite and calcite miniature from Sterling Hill.