Tourmaline (rare locale) Bill Larson Coll.
- Cryo-Genie Mine, Warner Springs Mining Dist., San Diego Co., California, USA
- Miniature, 4.8 x 4.0 x 2.0 cm
- Start Time: 07/17/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 07/22/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
A very unusual solid dense jackstraw nest of gemmy pretty pink with scattered light apple-green tourmaline crystals from the early 2000s finds at the Cryo-Genie Mine. The glassy, well-striated prisms reach 1.2 cm. The mine produced a few exceptional stout, rich pink, tapered parallel-growth tourmalines to about 19 cm. See the fine 2002 Mineralogical Record article in Vol. 33, No. 5. Ex Bill Larson San Diego County Pegmatite Collection and long on display at his Pala International shop in Fallbrook. This is an exceptional, rich and uncommon miniature example of the small bi-colored gemmy jackstraw tourmalines from the pegmatite.