Unusual botryoidal Malachite
- Kolwezi Mining District, Lualaba, DR Congo
- Small Cabinet, 8.2 x 5.4 x 4.4 cm
- Start Time: 04/02/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 04/08/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
This impressive, well-placed, 4.5 cm mushroom-shaped malachite botryoid is dramatically highlighted by the bizarre pitted surface and shimmer of the botryoid under bright light. The mushroom is aesthetically set atop a sculptural earlier generation of sparkly banded bubbly botryoids. Attached blue chrysocolla and matrix at the base are typical accessories. A highly unusual and artistic style of malachite from the famous mostly extinct copper mines of Kolwezi. Not many this good have come out recently.