Weeksite (rare) w/ Hyalite Opal (R.D. Mushlitz Coll).
- Goanikontes Claim, Arandis, Erongo Region, Namibia
- Miniature, 4.4 x 3.8 x 2.6 cm
- Start Time: 09/11/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 09/17/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Weeksite is a rare hydrated uranyl silicate. It is rare from this small uranium claim compared to the excellent uranyl Boltwoodite specimens, for which this locality is famous for. Bright yellow sprays of tiny weeksite needles are richly and attractively scattered on the blocky miniature matrix. The nicely contrasting and complementary accessories include calcite, rare hyaltie opal and probable uncommon iron oxides. Light neon-green hyalite opal fluorescence. A fine and rich example of the rare species and locale with rare accessories. Ex R.D. Mushlitz Collection.