Azurite (High luster crystals!)
- Milpillas Mine, Cuitaca, Sonora, Mexico
- Small Cabinet, 5.6 x 4.0 x 2.1 cm
- Start Time: 07/17/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 07/22/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Highly lustrous, lozenge-shaped azurite crystals, to 1.8, are densely intergrown on this rich and showy small cabinet plate from circa-2010 finds at the famous Milpillas Mine. The crystals are azure-blue to navy blue under normal light, but GLOW with electric-blue color under bright light. The interior is pristine and the bit of periphery wear is certainly only a modest detraction. See the 2008 Mineralogical Record article in Vol. 39, No 6. A highly sparkly and really nice example of this style from the mine.