Azurite (rare Arizona locale)
- Silver Bell Mine, Mineral Mountain, Pima Co., Arizona
- Thumbnail, 3.0 x 2.3 x 1.6 cm
- Start Time: 09/11/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 09/17/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Mineral specimens, in general, are uncommon from this former underground, now open pit Cu-Ag-Mo-Au mine NW of Tucson, compared to other famous Arizona open pit copper mines. High quality azurite specimens are RARE. Attractive, highly lustrous rosettes of royal-blue to navy-blue azurite blades are very aesthetically set on the spare matrix crust. There is desirable "electric-blue" color under bright light. The blades reach about 1.3 cm. An outstanding, rich and rare thumbnail from the locale. Valued by the former dealer at $395. A must for the species or locality collector.