Cuprosklodowskite ( Lemanski Coll.)
- Musonoi Mine, Kolwezi, Lualaba, DR Congo
- Small Cabinet, 5.1 x 4.2 x 2.8 cm
- Start Time: 09/11/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 09/17/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Gorgeous, scintillating sprays of gemmy, lovely apple-green cuprosklodowskite needles are dramatically and richly set on the sculptural small cabinet matrix from the famous open pit Cu-Co-U Musonoi Mine. The needles reach about 1.0 cm. Musonoi easily produced the world's finest examples of this uncommon hydrated Cu-U silicate. Rare older material from the mine dating to 1971 to 1997, when DR Congo was Zaire. Ex Chester Lemanski Collection and comes with a Zaire label. We just acquired his large collection. Read about Chester at his mindat.org Home Page: https://www.mindat.org/user-461.html. A rich, showy and excellent specimen from the locale and finds.