Epidote on Grossular Garnet (rare CA) Bob Reynolds Coll.
- Coyote Range, Bishop Mining Dist., Inyo Co., California, USA
- Cabinet, 11.4 x 6.9 x 3.7 cm
- Start Time: 07/17/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 07/22/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
A sculptural, rare and exceptional large combination from this Inyo County skarn deposit known for fine grossular garnet specimens. A rich raised mound of lustrous, gemmy/translucent, reddish-orange grossular dodecahedrons, to 1.1 cm, is dramatically complemented by a vug lined with olive-green epidote prisms. The impressive, free-standing large epidote is 5.0 cm long. The sawed matrix is granular grossular and epdiote. Ex Bob Reynolds Collection, a well-known fossil and mineral expert and former Curator of the San Bernardino County Museum. He passed away in 2020. Bob possibly self-collected the piece. A fantastic and rare large grossular and epidote combination from the Coyote Range.