Fluorite ball on Amethyst (a rare combo!)
- Mahodari, Sinnar, Nashik District, Maharashtra, India
- Small Cabinet, 9.4 x 6.8 x 6.7 cm
- Start Time: 09/11/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 09/17/2020 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
A striking, large, 5.3 x 4.3 x 4.0 cm, translucent, raised fluorite "egg yolk" with satin lustre frosted faces is aesthetically set on uncommon variably grape-purple amethyst crystal matrix on this outstanding small cabinet from Mahodari. Most fluorites from here are on white quartz. Botryoidal fluorites are rare worldwide. They are best known from this Indian locality, from mid-2000s finds in China (purple ones) and purple ones from near Canon City, Colorado. Exceptional and colorful 360-degree combination material for the size and locale. The fluorite GLOWS, when back lit. Valued at $3000-plus, as this is an excellent example and they are not often seen for sale in this quality.