large Talc with Dendrites (rare)
- Yellowstone Mine, Gravelly Range, Madison Co., Montana, USA
- Large Cabinet, 23.2 x 16.5 x 1.1 cm
- Start Time: 05/12/2022 7:00:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 05/19/2022 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
A rare, unusual and very large slice of mottled, grey and white Talc from the Yellowstone Mine in Montana. In and of itself, this would be a fine Talc specimen, especially for its size. However, it is richly included by numerous dendritic growths that reach to over 5 cm. These manganese oxides are nicely distributed throughout the Talc, giving it a lovely appearance without being overbearing in the slightest. Very aesthetic. Formerly in the extensive collection of W & A Cook. I do not see a lot of slabs, to be honest , or pay attention to as many as i should, but THIS ONE is noticeable, and belongs in a proper mineral collection!