Magnetite (RARE CA) Minette & Reynolds Coll.
- Iron Hat deposit, Cadiz, Marble Mts, San Bernardino Co., California, USA
- Small Cabinet, 7.1 x 3.6 x 2.6 cm
- Start Time: 07/17/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 07/22/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
An ususually shaped, lustrous, modified, 2.0 cm magnetite crystal dominates this rich and very showy small cabinet magnetite specimen from this old obscure extinct California iron mine. The rest of the lustrous, metallic-gray crystals are dodecahedrons or octahedrons, a rich combination of crystal habits. Mineral specimens of any species are RARE from the Iron Hat deposit. This is an exceptional example with a fine provenance, having been in the collection of well-known California collectors, Jim and Dawn Minette. Ex Bob Reynolds Collection, a well-known fossil and mineral expert and former Curator of the San Bernardino County Museum. He passed away in 2020. The base has been sawed to enhance the fine display quality. A MUST for the species or locality collector.