Magnetite (superb sharp xl)
- Diamantina, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Miniature, 4.7 x 3.3 x 3.1 cm
- Start Time: 05/12/2022 7:00:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 05/19/2022 6:35:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Magnetite octahedrons in green, very fine schist are hard to come by today from the Diamantina locality in Brazil, although once common as contemporary classics in the late 1990s. This showy, single, elongated Magnetite octahedron is lustrous, with a sharp, fine form. There is some oxidation across the faces, on a very small scale, but it has little effect on the high luster. The elongated octahedron is 1.6 cm, and the aesthetics of this classic and seldom available Magnetite specimen are very good. Formerly in the extensive collection of W & A Cook.