Polished Shattuckite slice (2014 find)
- Tantara Mine, Shinkolobwe, Kambove District, Haut-Katanga, DR Congo
- Miniature, 4.7 x 2.7 x 0.8 cm
- Start Time: 04/02/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 04/08/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Beautiful rich variable blue color with striking lighter frond-like sprays along the edges highlight this lustrous, sculptural, two-sided polished slab of shattuckite from this extinct Congo copper mine. The Tantara Mine is occasionally worked by artisanal miners for mineral specimens and this uncommon example is from a limited 2014 find. Shattuckite is a rare secondary copper silicate named after the Type Locality Shattuck Mine at famed Bisbee. RARE as a polished slab from the locale.