Pyrite on Galena
- Huanzala Mine, Huallanca District, Bolognesi Province, Ancash, Peru
- Small Cabinet, 7.7 x 5.2 x 4.5 cm
- Start Time: 11/18/2021 6:45:00 pm (CST)
- End Time: 11/27/2021 6:35:00 pm (CST)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Beautifully striated, highly lustrous, golden Pyrite cubes to 2.2 cm compose this cluster from the famous Huanzala Mine of Peru. These are classic Huanzala Pyrites, and there is even associated Galena to add to the quality and interest of this piece. There is some contacting, naturally, but it has no real effect on the dazzling aesthetics. Examples such as this show why Huanzala is one of the world's premier localites for Pyrites. Superb for size, and an old style From the collection of East Coast collector, George Elling, specializing in historic minerals of the East Coast and minerals from the development of old European mineralogy.