Unusual Baryte scepter (Zerfass coll.)
- Saint-Babel, Issoire, Puy-de-Dome, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, France
- Small Cabinet, 7.8 x 4.4 x 2.4 cm
- Start Time: 07/17/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 07/22/2021 6:35:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
A surreal sceptered barite from a French locale known for excellent barite specimens and occasionally amazing sceptered barites, such as this. The striking small cabinet of lustrous, translucent, honey-yellow barite features two different sized barite crystals with sharp beveled edges dramatically set on the elongated prismatic stalk. The crystals are 4.3 and 5.3 cm long and both crystals have faces with secondary creamy barite overgrowths. The crystals GLOW, when back lit. Complete all-around and pristine. The contact on the upper crystal, where another crystal once lay, has no damage, per se. A superb, rare and artistic 360-degree barite from the Paul Zerfass Collection # 1806 and the Lee Barnett Collection of Morrison, Colorado.