Vanadinite (classic 1990s finds) ex Reynolds Coll.
- North Geronimo Mine (Pure Potential Mine), La Paz County, Arizona, USA
- Small Cabinet, 7.8 x 5.4 x 4.3 cm
- Start Time: 07/17/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- End Time: 07/22/2021 6:30:00 pm (CDT)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
Gorgeous, lustrous, bright red, textbook, hexagonal Vanadinite barrels to 5 mm in length are richly peppered on three sides of the sculptural upright nicely contrasting pink to gray matrix. Some of the Vanadinite crystals display the desirable hoppered growth. A lovely display specimen from this locality from the 1990s finds with no damage to the crystals and the piece sits well on its own. See the two fine Mineralogical Record locality articles in 1996, Vol. 27, No. 5 and 2015, Vol. 46, No. 4. Difficult to find good pieces from the North Geronimo these days! These are certainly among the finest USA vanadinites.