Calcite (with iron oxide inclusions)
- Tieshan Fe-Cu deposit (Daye Mine), Tieshan District, Huangshi, Hubei, China
- Toenail, 3.4 x 2.6 x 1.9 cm
- Start Time: 01/20/2022 9:00:00 pm (CST)
- End Time: 01/27/2022 6:45:00 pm (CST)
- Auction Closed
- Winning Bidder: Private Bidder
What a wonderful, display specimen of the now classic Calcites from Tieshan Mine (Daye Mine). This attractive toenail sized piece features very sharp, lustrous, translucent, white / colorless Calcite scalenohedra which are gently included with iron oxide on one side to create a gorgeous rich red color. The upper portion of the specimen is in excellent shape, though the lower portion has some roughness and separation marks where the piece was removed from the pocket wall. These specimens are certainly dwindling on the market now, and if you collect Calcites or Chinese minerals, or if you just want to get your hands on a very good representation of these wonderful Calcites, don't miss out on this one. Nothing new from this locality has been on the market for several years.